Art and the Arsenal
Hey everyone,
As I promised, another quick blog of what we've been up to. Nothing too exiting last week. Work is very busy, Fiona has a cold and my training for next year's Triathlon is going well (4-5 times per week). We got all of our Paris travel plans sorted during the week, and I picked up our tickets for the England and Wales games. Have to say, the All Black team is a little odd. Our depth at Lock is outstanding at the moment, but being down two props - we look a little thin. But we'll still beat the Poms and I will thoroughly revel in the glory!
Went to Hull for work on Wednesday night and I can't even really criticise the place -'cos I didn't even see it. It was literally, train, to meeting, to dinner, bed, and back to London again. It does have a very cool bridge, but that was the only thing I saw. However, the highlight of the trip was coming back, and passing Arsenal's Emirates Stadium. What a sight, an absolutely beautiful stadium - truly superb. Can't wait to actually see a game, but that might be pretty hard. Despite it holding 60,000 demand for tickets is still incredibly high. I think I'll have to join as a member either next year or the year after, so I can go to a couple of games.
Fiona and I went to the Affordable Art Fair on Sunday, which was excellent. No, we didn't spend any ££ just yet, but we certainly saw a lot that we liked. We saw some really, really nice pieces, both paintings and sculptures, and there certainly is a lot of talent around London. So we may well end up buying something nice at some stage.
That should be about it, but I have to mention last night. We got woken up at 3am by an awful siren going off in out building complex. The sound wasn't coming from our building, so there wasn't anything to worry about, but it was so loud and so high-pitched it woke everyone up. I went to investigate, and it was some sort of building alarm, but not the fire alarm. Met a few neighbours from other buildings and 45 minutes later, it finally went off! So, had a terrible nights sleep - just hope it won't happen again.
28th birthday celebrations just around the corner! :-)
As I promised, another quick blog of what we've been up to. Nothing too exiting last week. Work is very busy, Fiona has a cold and my training for next year's Triathlon is going well (4-5 times per week). We got all of our Paris travel plans sorted during the week, and I picked up our tickets for the England and Wales games. Have to say, the All Black team is a little odd. Our depth at Lock is outstanding at the moment, but being down two props - we look a little thin. But we'll still beat the Poms and I will thoroughly revel in the glory!
Went to Hull for work on Wednesday night and I can't even really criticise the place -'cos I didn't even see it. It was literally, train, to meeting, to dinner, bed, and back to London again. It does have a very cool bridge, but that was the only thing I saw. However, the highlight of the trip was coming back, and passing Arsenal's Emirates Stadium. What a sight, an absolutely beautiful stadium - truly superb. Can't wait to actually see a game, but that might be pretty hard. Despite it holding 60,000 demand for tickets is still incredibly high. I think I'll have to join as a member either next year or the year after, so I can go to a couple of games.
Fiona and I went to the Affordable Art Fair on Sunday, which was excellent. No, we didn't spend any ££ just yet, but we certainly saw a lot that we liked. We saw some really, really nice pieces, both paintings and sculptures, and there certainly is a lot of talent around London. So we may well end up buying something nice at some stage.
That should be about it, but I have to mention last night. We got woken up at 3am by an awful siren going off in out building complex. The sound wasn't coming from our building, so there wasn't anything to worry about, but it was so loud and so high-pitched it woke everyone up. I went to investigate, and it was some sort of building alarm, but not the fire alarm. Met a few neighbours from other buildings and 45 minutes later, it finally went off! So, had a terrible nights sleep - just hope it won't happen again.
28th birthday celebrations just around the corner! :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home