"London. Here we are!"
In the imporal words of John Schuster, "London. Here we are!" Well, not quite. Fiona and I have spent the last couple of days getting over tiredness and hanging out with Mark, Gillee and the boys. Mark very kindly picked us up at the airport, so we didn't have to deal with London madness just yet. We didn't get a wink of sleep on the flight, and I wouldn't recommend United to anyone...But we had a 1 &1/2 hour power nap, stayed awake until 11pm night and slept until 11am the next day! (sorry about not helping in the garden mark ;-)
Today Fi and I ventured into London. Was really great to see Fiona C., whom we are staying with for the next while. Her and Adarsh have a great place, so that will make things a little more comfortable for us. Had one or two minor issues with the bank, like not getting what a cheque book etc (and the hour-long wait) but we got there in the end.
London seems like a pretty mad place, not dissimiliar to NYC in some regards, but no doubt we'll get use to it. It's been great staying with Mark and Gille and the boys. They've looked after us superbly well, and I've really enjoyed our time with the boys. Will be really nice to be so close for the next few years to watch them grow - although their non-commital support for the All Blacks will be something I WILL fix in the next few years...
So, that's it. Really only boring stuff for a while now. We're moving into London tomorrow. Our hosts (like most of London) is away this weekend because Monday is a bank holiday. But it will be nice for Fi and I to just get ourselves settled and hit the job market in a srious way. I have a few positions I'm going to apply for, and will let you all know in good time how it all goes. Hopefully we'll both have some good news in the coming weeks.
Today Fi and I ventured into London. Was really great to see Fiona C., whom we are staying with for the next while. Her and Adarsh have a great place, so that will make things a little more comfortable for us. Had one or two minor issues with the bank, like not getting what a cheque book etc (and the hour-long wait) but we got there in the end.
London seems like a pretty mad place, not dissimiliar to NYC in some regards, but no doubt we'll get use to it. It's been great staying with Mark and Gille and the boys. They've looked after us superbly well, and I've really enjoyed our time with the boys. Will be really nice to be so close for the next few years to watch them grow - although their non-commital support for the All Blacks will be something I WILL fix in the next few years...
So, that's it. Really only boring stuff for a while now. We're moving into London tomorrow. Our hosts (like most of London) is away this weekend because Monday is a bank holiday. But it will be nice for Fi and I to just get ourselves settled and hit the job market in a srious way. I have a few positions I'm going to apply for, and will let you all know in good time how it all goes. Hopefully we'll both have some good news in the coming weeks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home