Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bank holiday weekend

Just a quick update on what we've been up to. Saturday morning we did our usual and visited Borough Market, did our fruit and vege shopping, had a yummy brekkie and ran into a guy I went to St Pats with called Nick Fitsemanu. He's playing rugby professionally over here for the Ghwent Dragons and obviously really enjoying it. So it was kind of cool to just bump into him on the street. In the afternoon we watch the Wallabies play Wales and a bit of England getting thumped by South Africa, before we went to a play (matinee).

It was titled, "Called to Account," and is based on a series of real interviews with British MPs, journalists and US officials, people such and Clare Short, Richard Perle etc, from January 2007 and put on as a play as a mock-trial of Tony Blair - being charged with the crime of aggression against another country. It probably sounds boring to most of you but we really enjoyed it. Afterwards we met up with some other friends and went and had Thai for dinner, which is actually not very common in London and something we hadn't had for ages. It was a nice end to a really great day.

Sunday, the shitty, cold, wet weather continued (week before last it was 26*, on the weekend it was 8*!!!). But despite that I headed to Twickenham for the day to watch the IRB 7's tournament. Despite the rain, we were under cover and had a really good time. I had the chance to talk to a few of the Canadian guys when they were walking around the ground, so that was great. Best of all, NZ played some of the best 7's they've played in the past 3 years and stormed to victory with comprehensive wins over South Africa, Samoa and Fiji.

Monday was a Bank/public holiday here and I did a 5km run at Battersea Park. Its a really nice park to run in, and I did 5km in 23 minutes, which was faster than I had expected. Fiona came and supported me, and I was pretty happy with the run. And that was pretty much the weekend.

I am suppose to be doing a 10km run this Sunday at Greenwich Park and hopefully I will. But I've actually just come down with a bit of a cold. But hopefully it won't effect me too much and I'll be able to run. I haven't run 10kms before, so it'll be a good test - especially since there are a few hills in the run and I'm not really use to running up hills - despite being a Wellingtonian! ;-)

Looking forward to another weekend of great sport this weekend, Eng v Brazil in football; the All Blacks v France, Maori v Eng B and hopefully the Scotland 7's too. Two weeks today we'll be looking at Hamlet's castle in Copenhagen - can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home